Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Self Love - It's a Good Thing...

I See You
Around the corner is another day, but I'm looking to what's happening today.

Having a clear mind, no regrets, and much hope is key to ending the looking back and projecting forward - all of that exhausting pondering which ate up so much of my life.

Caring doesn't have to include self punishment and banishment - paralyzing depression, and the replaying of negative messages in your mind.

Caring really does begin with ourselves and reflects back from everything we do and touch from there.  If I love and respect myself now, I can offer the world so much more.

I had to learn that self love was not at all selfish.  It is a necessity.  It is a beautiful thing - as much so as loving others.  When we are born to put others first, and made to get that we are less than nothing in this world, it is hard to rewire such a brain structure.

You may know intellectually as an adult that what you were told and taught was wrong - but really applying that which was supposed to be written on your slate now, is difficult.  You know what is right and wrong, but you still feel like you don't belong in the world because you just aren't good enough no matter how much you learn, give, or try.

But all of this changes when you really get that you are good and you are loved... and your love matters - and most of all you deserve to be loved.

No comments: