Monday, October 8, 2012

Get a Shelter Animal - Best Pets EVER

Get a Shelter Animal - Best Pets EVER
Spent some time tonight volunteering at the local animal shelter.  It felt as good to me as it did to him when I gave this cutie patootie Great Dane a bath.

He was so precious - Eager to please and so adorable.  Only a year and a half old, and all black but for a white diamond chest.

This is the best gig I ever had.  You go in when ever you want - hand over your car keys, punch in and get your volunteer pin.  You can do what you love to do with the pets that are available to be handled.  I love to play with them and take them for walks.  They love getting a bath when the timing is right.  This guy today was just really enjoying his bath.  I can't believe such a beautiful dog ended up without a name and no history. :(  Maybe tonight when the people come in to look, he will catch someone's eye.

Then after you had enough - like after that bath, I was all wet, so - it's okay to punch out and go home.  It's the coolest thing ever for me just recovering from a long illness - I never know how I will feel from day to day.  It's perfect.  And being there makes my own healing process more productive.  It's just all a win win, this volunteering at the shelter.


No comments: