My father told me on his deathbed that although it is a clechet', Time is Short. It was like he suddenly found himself at the end of a seventy-five year quest for meaning, love, and understanding. It was as if the rubber was meeting the road when I saw everything and everyone who kept him from living, fall away - one by one. It was beautiful, frightful, wonderful, awful, joyful, and awesome all at the same time. Witnessing his impending death was both a gift and a gash in my heart. I saw him laboring so intensely to exit, that the memory of childbirth came to mind. It was obvious, then, the resemblance - The pain - The suffering - The blessing - The miracle - The pending reward.
I Believe that Allah is the most Just - and since it is true... I know that my precious father will find some comfort now. I am trusting in Allah that my broken heart which longs for him will somehow ... one day find.

No comments:
Post a Comment