Friday, January 10, 2014

Suffer No More

While we Have Free Will and Choice - Applying to Adults
This is so true.

As adults, we learn that no matter the assault perpetrated on us, it is our own reactions/behaviors that ultimately decide the outcome.

We find that having choice is a great gift - a tool for all time that allows us to take a breath for a moment - decide intently the accuracy of our perceptions - and finally, to act and react with awareness and respect for ourselves and others.

If we carry anger, we are at risk for depression.  It is our choice to either remain angry, or to understand that we cannot decide, dictate, or control the actions of others.  We must ultimately decide to Not allow others' actions to affect negatively who we are or how we feel.

I found to do this, I had to understand the intention of the individual, and even if it was bad, I would Not take it personally.

Understanding the individual's intention allows me to decide or make a choice about how I will navigate life with or without this person in the future, but always without anger or resentment.

Pondering my own intentions makes me more patient and understanding when that all too familiar negative self talk tries to creep back into my life, also.

Be loving and patient with yourself and others - and most others will be also with you.

I have to remind myself that we all have faults, but my own are my biggest concern.

People really do mirror each other in face to face communication or interactions - interpersonal relationships.
By Artist, Joey Jones

No comments: