![]() |
| You can't Catch me... I'm the Gingerbread Man!! |
I shouldn't be so shocked to hear from this person again. Extreme persistence and patience will be used when seeing a future pay off for them.
I wasn't supposed to have to even see this person again in my life, but the all too clever narcissist always changes the rules. She sits back with her hand on the remote, pressing buttons that make people dance from as far away as Egypt to the United States.
Here I am, dancing at six in the morning, awakened by my own mind telling me "I can't even believe this bitch. She's got not only my husband on a string, but her son as well, over this issue." This son has been ignoring me ever since I pointed out the Sura in the Quran that backed my reason for putting a stop to her then nine-year imposition on my family and me.
Now she expects my husband to get her expired green card reinstated. This requires numerous phone calls and appointments - not to mention the driving to Philadelphia on occasion.
Her son is travelling here to stay with us so that my husband and he can secure her an apartment. Brilliant. This way she still lives here near us, uses us for every single thing except for a place to sleep, and has things the way she's had for the past now ten years. Back in the saddle, she'll have my husband traveling to pick her up for shopping, groceries, and all other appointments. It's a never ending trail of needs and wants being satisfied by us.
So, now I find myself in the interesting position of putting my new tools for combating narcissism and the narcissist's unreasonable demands to the test. Boundary setting is number one - Once again!! The narcissist changed the rules, so I must expand the boundaries! And enforce them!!
First of all, I am telling her and her son that she needs to buy a car, and not expect my husband to give her one. She needs to purchase insurance and upkeep for the car. She cannot expect my husband to be responsible for repairs to her car.
This may be difficult, but I'm up for the challenge since it is my health that teeters in the balance. It is a matter of life and death, really, for me at this point since another major depression isn't something I will ever survive again.
Too bad for the narcissist, but I have recovered, and I am going to be very clear on these points.
If I am forced to play along.... then my next move is... "Checkmate".

No comments:
Post a Comment