I wonder how many of us are out there. I have excellent health insurance, yet I spent at least four years of my life in bed, unable to function, in a dark dark place that I never ever want to see again. If it weren't for the love of, and my love for my family, I know I wouldn't be here today.
The point is, I was seeing a doctor, on medication (which allowed me to sleep my life away), and only getting worse
It was wrong what happened, but even for that I am not angry. I'm only hopeful that others won't still be suffering.
The point is, I was seeing a doctor, on medication (which allowed me to sleep my life away), and only getting worse
until a non-medical miracle happened for me. I'm just saying, what is wrong with our healthcare??? Why couldn't I find ANY help??? Doctors watched me put on over a hundred pounds and become 'failure to thrive' status, spending time then in intensive care and hospital over the course of three years. After being able to sit up and focus some and begin to partially function, I found help online that I NEVER got for the hundreds of dollars an hour the physicians charged my insurance company.
This is a tragedy. I'm thankful for being so much better now, but something should be learned by this problem with mental healthcare. I know that much of the practice is experimental and the medications aren't proven really to work one way or the other - it's hit and miss - for some this seems to work and for others no. But what about real help? Like a doctor taking the time to listen to where your problems originated from and helping you to understand how your brain in functioning as a result?
If you have information and can make sense of things, it is much easier to accept life's disappointments and (for some) frankly, cruelty. People who are severely depressed aren't crazy. They don't need to be put to sleep. They need help to sort out what it is that is making them stuck in a state of cognitive dissonance. They need to know how to be rid of all traces of anger from the very center of their being where it all originated.
Since depression is anger turned inward, even I can be sure that getting rid the anger would stop the depression.
Thankfully today I am not angry about a single thing. It feels freeing. And it turns out to be so simple.
All of that time to find this simple answer just makes me shake my head. Something has to be done about the selling of dumbing down drugs to sick people which make them sicker and die before they die - and then some of them just die. While all of this is happening to patients, doctors and corporations for the medicines are living the high life. This seems so WRONG.
I took myself off all of the sedatives and began my own recovery after that miracle, and have been diligently coming back ever since. Don't miss them at all.
![]() |
| Freedom. It's a good thing. |


No comments:
Post a Comment