![]() |
| Everything you Ever Wanted is Just on the Other side of FEAR |
In excruciating pain, I said that I would roll then to my right side like the Prophet PBUH to face Allah. Just then, I was taken from here with the closing of my eyes.
I was no longer in the hospital. I was hanging in mid air - prone with my arms outstretched. There was no gravity. I was in a white long nightshirt or what we would call a galabahia. There was no pain. There was absolutely nothing and I was incredibly content. I realized that I was there and what was happening - the darkness - the blackness that surrounded me was comforting. I was very aware of being comfortable - and the absence of all pain or will. It was really a lovely place to be.
I was suddenly shook back to the hospital bed with medical staff all around the bed and my husband still there in shock. They were asking me where I was, what was going on, did I know who was president, the year, and so on. I only wanted to discuss where I had been and how this awful pain was gone. I must have been there for ten hours I exclaimed, but they said it was less than four minutes.
Ten minutes after my recovery, the pain returned. A neurologist took notes about what I had to say about the experience, and the following days were fill with different tests to discover what was going on.
But, I realize now that it was a glimpse to what is really here for us. That which we all strive so diligently to achieve is already within our minds if only we could experience it, or stop searching and let it find us. This was all the beginning of my own awakening process which continues even today.
I found that it is the now and the nothingness that is so wonderful. Peace and contentment mean more to me than anything or anyone really now. But the experiences I have with my husband, children, and even some friends can bring me there - in an innocent kind of unknowing way. The experiences of everyday life offer us so many opportunities to tap into this place within our hearts and souls.


No comments:
Post a Comment