Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Blessings.... How Better to Spend the Opening of the New Year than to Enjoy Family

My Son Khaled and Snuggle Buggle Dustie the English Angora Rabbit
Both Sarah Jasmine and Khaled came home for winter break - and Joey was home for Thanksgiving.

I can't tell you all how much it means to have the love and respect of our children.  And you know what... After everything we've been through together - with that intact, nothing else much matters.

We laugh in this house, and we don't sweat the small stuff - not at all.  I dumped the gravy all over the floor - no problem... my husband said he'd just make some more. We say we are sorry, and "I love you".  We try not to blame or judge... and if we slip there, any one of us is open to the opinions of others.  We listen to understand.  We see each other - and hear each other.  Everyone has a voice.  There is no walking on eggshells here - no ridiculous house rules.  You can sleep where you want, at the time you want.  Eat what you want ... when you want. You can listen to music or television as loudly as you please.  You can awaken either Khaled or I and you will be smiled at and welcomed.  Always has been this way.  It's really not too much to ask.

 I mean, how can I explain the simple, easy, deep breath kind of freedom you have in life when surrounded by emotionally mature people.  Somehow our kids seem to be growing really well in that area - even though they were raised by me who was for years only limping along emotionally.  But their daddy is totally fine, and has been since childhood.

They had their Sittoo in Egypt as well, who with their Aunts and Uncles there had them full summers as children - BIG IMPRESSION.  Good exposure to culture, kindness, and love.

Yeah by the seat of my pants, I was blessed with my husband Khaled and together we raised up some mighty fine kids.  Feeling really thankful today .....

No comments: