Saturday, August 3, 2013

Feeling Loved, Supported, Heard is Like no Other Feeling

Amazing.  The difference between night and day. From how I awoke until now.  I was feeling some conflict over having to confront my husband with an issue.  I knew what I had to share with him might hurt his feelings some, but that not sharing it might eventually hurt our marriage.

I simply used all my tools from my healing group, and all the things I've read about and practiced concerning how to communicate your thoughts, wants, and needs in a loving, firm, concise manor.

He listened to me.  He understood my points.  He shared his own.  We discussed the issue.  He wasn't thrilled with the problem, but ultimately appreciative of my honesty and trust in him.  It was written all over his face.  Just seeing him there - hearing my concerns.... feeling my position, made me content.

This marriage is solid.  And besides loving him with all my heart, I hope to be an even better wife each day.  For he is a loving and understanding husband.  Supporting me and our marriage no matter what and no matter who.

 Feeling loved, supported, heard is like no other feeling.


No comments: