![]() |
| Go Ahead you deserve it |
Corporate greed and entitlement costs all the world. Political entitlement costs all the world. Psychopathic entitlement can cost anywhere from duped lovers to actual lives. Lastly, the average person who feels a great sense of entitlement costs everybody with whom his life touches, in a myriad of ways.
If you've been on the losing end of an entitlement deal, you likely haven't properly set any boundaries. It may not be until the entitled person has taken your home, peace and contentment, that you are forced to bring it to an end. It's not going to go down quietly. Relationships will be forever destroyed. Only, if you think about it, once this person first started using you, there was no real relationship. We need to really get that point.
Blame.
Well, let's see. We could blame ourselves for being too kind which turned into a doormat. Or the blame could lie with the person who has taken so much from you and your family. Maybe, the truth is it's both. Only what good does blaming do?
Ultimately, we need to grow up. Set and keep boundaries with friends and family members, alike. Without them we are only asking for such a situation. Ah yes, it is a sad truth indeed. Why must we be so vigilant with our protection even from family? Aren't friends and family supposed to live by the Golden Rule?
All I know is I learned from experience that when we love ourselves, we MUST go the extra mile and make it perfectly clear to all we interact with what our boundaries are, and where it is we draw the line.
It doesn't have to be an aggressive, nasty, controlling attitude we put fourth - but instead, a firm, loving - self loving attitude.
Now, if you are like me and only learning to do this now - 50 years into your life - ... Well, we've got some backtracking to do. Some lines to draw. Some attitudes to shift.
I'm taking a stand to love myself and my husband and children. I love us too much to give away any part of "us". I promise myself I will take care of myself and my heart and my home by making clear my boundaries from now on.
Out of Love I am doing this for me and for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment