![]() |
| Khaled and Dustie |
She had the most loving and caring grandparents a child could have, with whom she lived until she was about two. Her father was the best man with the biggest heart ever and he was in the Army for her first couple of years. GC had no idea he was this kind of person... right up until his death some 55 years later.
Her mother, a narcissistic/psychopath used her for others' admiration. Linda's beauty and wit was an extension of the NM. The boundary busting NM molded this child into an adult by the time she was age five. She was ironing clothes and making NM's bed before she entered elementary school.
She was ladened with all NM's insecurities and complaints about family members since the age of three. By 8 she was NM's confidant/psychologist. She actually believed the lies NM told her about grandma, grandpa, and our father. Soon she would believe the lies told to her about me and our brother and my sister. Until the last time I saw her she was telling me she wanted to believe her mother - no matter if it's true or not.
Linda cared for the infants (me and my sister, Debbie) more than NM. When a child was sick in the night, Linda got up to take care of him/her - wash the sheets and give the child a bath before redressing for bed.
By the age of 12, Linda cut off all love and caring for the youngest child, as per directed by the NM. She was suspicious of my brother too, and told me that NM said he was a problem child. Labeled as such, poor Joey was to be out of her life soon after. I was the only remaining sibling holding onto my fairy godmother, Linda. Belinda, the most beautiful human being in the world.
I sat on the bathroom floor and listened to her endless stories about her friends and boy friends. Her new clothes fit over her perfect body just right as I watched her pose in the mirror. We moved to the bedroom where she allowed me to watch her dry and brush her wonderful princess long long lush hair - straight and perfect. She fussed over every strand as I admired her beauty and told her so. She would smile in agreement, then meticulously pluck her eyebrows and apply make up.
Me? Oh, yeah. I was the small child sitting there watching her. The one who hadn't had a bath in two weeks. Whose clothes were days old dirty. Who didn't have clean underwear for tomorrow - yeah - that was me. The one with a boy's haircut because NM insisted. Hadn't washed my hair in weeks. No new or clean clothes. No room of my own.
I begged the Golden Child to let me sleep in her room with her where everything matched like in a castle - where it was like an island away from the rest of the house. Once in a great while she would allow it, but usually I was banished back to my room with my little sister who wet the bed. In the summer our room smelled like pee. NM never changed our sheets. Even Linda didn't do it after some years. She kept her own room and that was enough.
GC was beginning to separate from the NM. It would be a dark day when she actually left.
She did leave the day she turned 18. She hooked up with a hitch hiking homeless drug addict, staying with him for 5 years, hitch hiking all over the country. She was homeless for the next ten years. Giving birth to two children without a home in which to sleep.
She remained with another drug addict, living in Florida - selling plants on the roadside. For as many plants as you could fit in a stepvan, they took in three to five thousand dollars a day. You do the math. They moved their operation often from Connecticut to Florida. All in the years cocaine was being smuggled through the Keys. She contracted Hep C during these years.
Finally when the US government cracked down on the drug trafficking in the Florida Keys, she was offered a home from Habitat for Humanity. When you get one of these homes, you know that when you sell it, you do not take from any profits. The amount over and above your down payment or what you ended up paying (in her case it was 30 thousand dollars), goes back to Habitat for Humanity. She used the home for caring for the elderly and finishing raising her two boys.
She sold the home in 2005 after befriending the Chapter President, convincing her to allow her to keep the profits. A quarter of a million dollars profit!! The President was let go and it was a front page story in the local paper for Key Largo. GC and her boyfriend were run out of town.
She bought a beautiful home in Ocala, paying almost all cash, and set it up as a home care center for the elderly again. She trolls for her patients at church. Linda places the bait and casts the line.. sooner or later new blood finds it's way. In the meantime, she luncheons with rich elderly who she believes will soon need assistance.
I wouldn't leave a goldfish in Linda's care, myself.
But for a big laugh - she's now got the NM!! So what goes around finally does come around!! I smile every time I remember it.
Ah yes. The Golden Child and the NM finally back together in the end. One lies and bitches about the other and the other is scheming for new blood. And the boy friend is still in and out of the house and their lives which makes this all so much sweeter.
NM is a planner and manipulator. But, she will have a hell of a time trying to do any of that with these two masters of manipulation and victimization. All covered in the approval of the "church".
As I'm typing this I'm shaking my head. It's just so ridiculous.
Innocent and kind people make these kinds of people sick. I used to find her (as adults), glaring at me like an evil stare. I was puzzled. I loved her so much - so I really thought. I catch on slowly, but when I do... yeah. I finally get it.
So, the fairy godmother sister act was just that - an act (allowing me in her space and life). She finds it harder and harder to keep up the act. As she gets older, it is more clear who she really is under that precious face and those beautiful blue eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment