Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thanks to Facebook and Bloggers who Saved my Life

Snuggle Buggle Dustie
Well, it's time for a more uplifting post here on The Road Less Traveled by Life.

The internet and facebook have really helped to change my life after coming out of that dark depression.  Once I was able to be out of bed and get around I began my facebook page.  After some time getting to know people, I became part of a couple of really good closed support groups that are a big part of my full recovery - or should I say my recovery thus far.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for my computer and these people who have been there for me - offered me advice - and even picked up some of the pieces along the way.

Some have just listened, some have offered examples of their own similar experiences, and some even share nutrition and natural healing methods.  Everything we have shared is helpful, and all of us benefit in so many ways.

There are so many of us out there who have pathological mothers and or fathers, and it would follow perfectly here, family members both suffering from the abuse and neglect and having problems of their own that they either choose to deal with or not.  Some refuse to look at their own behavior, but we have done so and are recovering - all in different stages of recovery right now.

There is so much help out here, and no one ever need suffer in a dark depression in bed for over a year like I did - not when we can really find like minded, caring, good people who are working to move forward.

I can breathe a cleansing breath now and no negative thoughts follow.  None.  It's wonderful.  I can think of something beautiful about my husband and children or myself and no intrusive hurtful memorized phrases appear.  Not any more.  My life has become my own.  My mind is also my own - and my heart and soul I share with others who do not abuse.

It's pretty simple, really.  My primary family is on their own.  And they are content with their lives, abusing each other and others, then denying, projecting, lying, and manipulating.  And, I am content not knowing where some of them are (dead or alive) and what all of them are doing today or tomorrow - what they think, now, or what they say about me and or each other.

I haven't felt this good since the births of my children.  This free - this clear and focused.  No need for medication or medications - nothing.  No anxiety.  No insomnia.  No leg cramps.  Nothing.

The help and cure I found on the internet and through facebook, tens of thousands of dollars given to doctors and pharmacies over a lifetime couldn't touch.  Thank you all who have guided me through this awesome journey, and I hope that in some way this blog helps someone else.  We have each other - and our chosen families, friends, that's all we need.

I'm thankful to have made it this far alive and well.... and here for my husband and children.  So thankful.


No comments: