I'm getting ready for my trip to the Red Sea where I hope to mess around with a short story. The healing sun and buoyant water, bluer than blue, where you can see all the way down to the bottom is perfect for reflecting, healing... and writing.
Getting my house all set for my time away - I guess it will stay pretty good since all the kids are grown now and on their own. Only Khaled will be here when he's not working.
Poor Dustie there on the right will be here only with his fwiends Bunnie and Birdie (inventive names lol ), but Sarah will be feeding them. I sure will miss them both and Khaled and the kids too.
But it will be such a nice time. A month or three weeks at the Red Sea is just what the doctor ordered. Breakfast and then swimming, then walking the pier - messing around with the tiny clown fish around the pilings. I could play with them for hours in the hot sun and soothing water.... they love to dance around humans there and show off their brilliance.
But, today is a special day - I have both Sarah and Joey here with me the whole day!! We are missing their brother Khaled who couldn't make it home this time, but hopes to drop in next week for a day.
We were all up all night long laughing and sharing stories and watching some comedy on television. Bad Boy Dustie up there, that wascally wabbit dominated much of the evening's fun. As you all know, he loves to be included.
Today, we hope to go out for a little while and then spend the night home again together until the both of them must go back to their own lives - one at Scranton University, and the other to Maryland.
Their kindness and individual personalities make me smile with contentment - I must say myself - Somehow - a job very well done. They are fun, happy, interesting, full of life and ideas - and intuitive. Their intelligence, a gift from their father, will serve them their whole life. Best of all, I see their empathy and compassion as the greatest side of that coin.
I spent much time at the Red Sea with all of them over the years - but this time will be a solo adventure... I will surely be thinking of our times together.
Life. It's a good thing.
Getting my house all set for my time away - I guess it will stay pretty good since all the kids are grown now and on their own. Only Khaled will be here when he's not working.
Poor Dustie there on the right will be here only with his fwiends Bunnie and Birdie (inventive names lol ), but Sarah will be feeding them. I sure will miss them both and Khaled and the kids too.
But it will be such a nice time. A month or three weeks at the Red Sea is just what the doctor ordered. Breakfast and then swimming, then walking the pier - messing around with the tiny clown fish around the pilings. I could play with them for hours in the hot sun and soothing water.... they love to dance around humans there and show off their brilliance.
But, today is a special day - I have both Sarah and Joey here with me the whole day!! We are missing their brother Khaled who couldn't make it home this time, but hopes to drop in next week for a day.
We were all up all night long laughing and sharing stories and watching some comedy on television. Bad Boy Dustie up there, that wascally wabbit dominated much of the evening's fun. As you all know, he loves to be included.
Today, we hope to go out for a little while and then spend the night home again together until the both of them must go back to their own lives - one at Scranton University, and the other to Maryland.
Their kindness and individual personalities make me smile with contentment - I must say myself - Somehow - a job very well done. They are fun, happy, interesting, full of life and ideas - and intuitive. Their intelligence, a gift from their father, will serve them their whole life. Best of all, I see their empathy and compassion as the greatest side of that coin.
I spent much time at the Red Sea with all of them over the years - but this time will be a solo adventure... I will surely be thinking of our times together.
Life. It's a good thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment