| Truth. It's a Good Thing.... |
After some involved answers that came to me right away, I left the computer and went into the bathroom for a nice hot Jacuzzi bath with epsom salts and a vanilla candle. As I relaxed there, it came to me. Truth is. That's all. Truth just is. It is and it continues to resonate, never changing. Untruth is contrived, then supported and needs constant shoring up. Here I'm talking about real truth. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West, I was born in 1960, those are real truths. But, there are other 'truths' which are not so cut and dried. Still truth is truth. So and so told me such and such. It happened I listened and I understood. Without any pathology or mental disorder, I know this to be true. On the other hand there is truth and there is perception, and too, experience.
What is one person's experience, another may have experienced differently. If I am delusional, my truth is true to me, but others may submit that what I am remembering never happened. My experience is different than everyone else's. You may believe one thing, therefore say it is the truth, when really beliefs are not always absolute truth.
A narcissist lives by lies, manipulation, and deception. Yet, almost everyone the narcissist knows believes the image he holds up. He wears a mask. The mask of the mother, father, teacher, professor, doctor, lawyer, student, church volunteer, clergy, ... you name it. If it sounds respectable, the narcissist will take on that image, wearing a mask to match. In the courts, the judges tend to believe the non emotional put together psychopath, while his victim is crying and emotional, not believed. The victim cannot ever seem to articulate the giant web of confusing, abusive, chaos, and damage that the narcissist/psychopath has perpetrated. Not without blubbering, getting sidetracked, speaking in broken sentences, just being so stressed, anxious, victimized, and broken. They seem like the crazy one, as planed. The truth here is unseen.
But, still, even other than facts, truth is true and it never changes. It doesn't need shoring up or support, ever.
When you walk into a room full of family or friends and the scene is confusing, a little off, people are all of the sudden shunning you, and you can't figure why.... - it's likely there is a narcissist behind all of it. All of these folks are supporters or accomplices, targets, and future victims of the narcissist, and you are the present victim. You are wrapped in a crazy-making situation called narcissistic abuse for something called narcissistic supply. That is whatever the narcissist wants and or needs. It could be money, position, positioning, sex, attention, adulation, more and more and more. Nothing is enough. No one is enough.
When you walk into Hospice what you see and feel is truth. If you are in a maternity ward you are likely to feel the great energy of love and truth. Opposite ends of life's spectrum - both closest to truth.
Interesting to talk about and think about truth here and now when I am recovering from being the adult child of a narcissistic "mother" - Everything about her, and most that comes from her mouth is a lie. I was lied to for 50 years - my father for 55. Lies are often swallowed easily as truth for just that many and more years. But lies just don't settle or set right as the truth does. There's no doubt about it - even the best psychopath can't make a lie feel exactly like the truth.
It's when we are totally aware that we realize how truth has been manipulated over time.
Awareness. It's a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment