Monday, April 22, 2013

Valued Loved Wanted.... Terrific......

It feels so wonderful to feel loved and wanted.  To be the wife of a caring husband, and the mother of three beautiful adult children.

It is precious beyond description how Khaled loves me and the children.  How he plans all of his days around all of us and our needs is something that makes me feel warm, soft and content.

To know that no matter what, I could set my clock by my husband's arrival is a comfort I rarely think about.  It just always was this way with him.

Opening my heart and soul to this man in my most vulnerable condition is something I treasure, knowing that at anytime of the day or night I can entrust him with my inner most thoughts.  And he with me.

I can get up in the middle of the night and decide to have a pajama party with my visiting daughter when Khaled is sleeping without worrying about an outburst or any discomfort what so ever.  I can live and let live in my own home without EVER walking on eggshells.

If I want to know something or what someone is thinking, I am free to ask - unpunished.  If they need to know something about me, they ask and I tell them without becoming negative and dismissive.

People aren't dismissed in my home.  Nor are they cursed or cursed at - NEVER.   Visitors aren't told what they can and cannot do in my home.  They are welcome to eat or drink anything in my home.  People are not required to pay for their food when visiting here.  If I ask someone to go for a ride with me or even as far as a 1500 mile trip - If I asked them to ride along - I DO NOT require them to pay for their half of the gas.

If I give something to someone, I don't take it back - or worse, suddenly expect them to pay for the item.

If something breaks in my home when a person visits, I don't give them the third degree about how it could have broken.  If someone I love tells me something, I believe them - especially if they insist they are telling the truth.

I don't treat friends and family like idiots - explaining how to use a gas stove, gas grill, dog leash etc.  I on the other hand, do all I can to make you comfortable, wanted, and at ease.  I don't dismiss you and your thoughts or comments.  I don't take offense and imagine negativity.

I am comfortable in my home all the time.  If  (I) invite you, YOU will be comfortable here also.  That's just the way we roll.

My experience with my Borderline / Psychopath family of origin was always as described above.  Very negative. Dismissive. Angry - Rageful.  AWFUL.

I just can't describe how wonderful it feels to be rid of all of that negativity.  To be able to dance around my house day or night.  To awaken anyone and it being okay.  No problem.  We live here.  We do what we want when we want with whom we want.

We are respectful, but not oppressed, walking on eggshells in FEAR and a Negative Headlock.

There is a difference between having RESPECT and being in FEAR.

Ditch the fear and keep the respect - for yourself and for others.  Enjoy yourself and your company.  Live in your own home.  Breathe a cleansing breath anytime you like.  Do as you please, and don't do to please.

LIVE AND LET LIVE  VALUED LOVED and WANTED

No comments: