People You May Know
See AllPeople You May Know
Facebook © 2013
My son who is in college for engineering, also working as a server at a restaurant in Maryland - called. I wanted to share his story because it's such an interesting view of human behavior. I thought maybe you guys would appreciate it also:
He forgot to ring into the computer this guy's cup of soup, and another employee saw the table's food coming up, so she being a "food runner" ran it out to the table. Joey asked how everything was and the guy told him he didn't get his soup. Joey was like: "Oh, I forgot to even ring it in ... I'm sorry. Well, let me get it anyway." The guy was really annoyed as I guess anyone might be saying, "Too late. My food is here now." Joey told him it was his fault for forgetting and he was sorry. Joey went to the manager and told her the story and could she pass by the table and see if there was anything else she could do for the customer. She said no problem and went to the table. The guy was really mean to her. He was so angry about a cup of soup and so nasty that the manager had to comp the entire meal!!
Later that evening, a customer called the restaurant to say that he was seated behind the table with the person complaining about a cup of soup and the server, Joey. He said it was weighing on his mind and he just had to call to say that he saw the whole thing. And that Joey was also the server of his table. That he was a very good, kind, and conscientious server. It would be a shame if the restaurant lost a good employee because of what this guy said.
I thought it was a real testament to how most of us are... this guy not being able to sleep that night knowing what transpired. Injustice is a disturbing thing.
The soupless man must go through life tortured that everything is all good or all bad. You have to feel
sorry for people "living" like so.
But, yeah. Life. It's a good thing for people who know how to Live...I hope the soupless man finds his own healing path before this life is over. Otherwise he may only have memories of either being totally victorious or absolutely soupless.





No comments:
Post a Comment